Birth of a child – Married parents

Birth of a child – married parents


If one or both parents are not born in Denmark, and have not changed their name in Denmark, we need to see some papers so origin and spelling of names can be verified.


Birth-/Christening papers from the birth country


Passport from the birth country plus Danish residence permit (both)


Citizenship papers - If you are a Danish citizen, and cannot provide birth papers.

(Danish passport is NOT sufficient, as it is a print of the information we need to verify)


Verification has to be in order before the child can be named.


If you need a certificate on the child, you can go to any church office and show ID. You will get the certificate right away.

You are welcome to contact the parish office if you have any questions.